CCA Florida Trash Tournament
Join CCA Florida and members statewide for the first Statewide Cleanup event! We’re using an online app and a tournament layout for this event, which lasts a week in June, ending on World Ocean’s Day!
The event is run similar to a fishing tournament, but instead of submitting fish, participants submit their trash collections! Participants register for the event on the iAngler Tournament App or iAngler Tournament website. For each 5 gallon bucket of trash uploaded, the participant receives one entry for awesome raffle prizes. There are also great prizes for those who collect the most trash!
How to Register for the CCA Florida Trash Tournament, a Statewide Coastal Clean Up
For Smart Phones:
Download the iAngler TournamentApp from the App Store
Register as a new user in the iAngler Tournament System (fill in all required fields)
Now that you are a user of the system, you must register for our specific event.
Search Keyword “Trash” to find the CCA Florida Trash Tournament
Click on the CCA Florida Trash Tournament, then click the Big Red Button at the bottom that says “Individual”
Register for the Tournament. (We ask you for more information such as age, gender, etc. so CCA Florida can directly receive this data and use it for research) Then press the Red “Next” button.
Feel free to go to the “Settings” button from your home page (the gear symbol) and add a profile picture. Then press the Blue “Save” button. This will be seen on the Leaderboard.
Now that you are registered for the tournament, play around in the app and look at all the features. Try “Logging a Catch”. We will delete all the entries the night before the Trash Tournament.
The system is designed to be intuitive, but if you have any problems please reach out to the Tournament Director, Amanda Krpan at email@example.com.
WHEN: Saturday, June 1st at 8am through Saturday, June 8th 2019 (Cumulates on World Ocean’s Day) at 3pm
WHERE: Statewide! Individuals can choose which body of water, beach, canal, etc. they would like to help clean up.
TICKETS: This is a FREE event!
Sponsorship Opportunities available. For more information, email Amanda Krpan at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY: On June 8th each year, we celebrate the ocean, its importance in our lives, and how each of us can protect it, no matter where we live. World Oceans Day raises the profile of the ocean, connects people worldwide, and inspires continuing action year-round to protect and restore this amazing resource that we all depend on. CCA Florida is committed to protecting and preserving Florida’s marine environment. We have come up with a fun way to get people involved in cleaning up our coastlines. Hundreds of thousands of people will be on or near the water in Florida from Saturday, June 1stto Saturday, June 8th. We hope that people will pick up some trash while they are already outside enjoying our natural resources! And for those who are highly competitive, they can pick up trash all week for a chance to earn the top spot on our leaderboard!
CONTACT: Amanda Krpan, 352-278-2708, email@example.com
Rules and Regulations
- Participants must register correctly and fill in all required fields on the iAngler Tournament App or web page.
- The Tournament starts at 8am EST on Saturday, June 1st.
- No photos of trash picked up prior to this date and time will be submitted. Our system recognizes photo time stamps.
- Participants may only submit their photos between 8am on June 1st to 3pm on June 8th (Eastern Standard Time).
- If a participant has trouble uploading the pictures onto the website or app, they must submit their photos and all required field information to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 3pm EST.
- One 5-gallon bucket or equivalent size full of trash will count as one (1) bucket.
- You may submit one photo with many buckets in the picture. Please select the appropriate number of buckets in the photo.
- One bucket=one raffle entry
- If you collect a piece of trash that is larger than one (1) 5-gallon bucket, it will count as one bucket/entry. (for example, a washed up chair would count as one bucket/entry)
- Tournament submissions end promptly at 3pm EST on Saturday, June 8th.
- Winners will be announced within 24 hours.
- 3 attempts to contact each winner will be made. If the winner does not respond within one week of the last and final attempt, they forfeit their prize.
Jun 01, 2019 - Jun 08, 2019
Online - statewide!